Do you need a new parking lot for your Bergen County NJ business? If you do, you should consider an asphalt parking lot. Asphalt parking lot is a popular choice for any space that will encounter a lot of cars and trucks. Derived from oil, asphalt possesses numerous benefits that could very well tip your decision in its favor. However, an asphalt parking lot does have a few drawbacks to be aware of.
Benefits of an Asphalt Parking Lot:
- One of the main benefits of an asphalt parking lot is how strong it is. It can hold up to virtually any situation and weather. It can support the wear and tear of vehicles passing over it day in and day out and sitting for long periods of time. It can even stand up to rain, snow, and other weather conditions.
- Maintenance is relatively simple after installing an asphalt parking lot. It can last for decades, in fact, and won’t cause you much trouble. So long as the asphalt paving company applies a sealant to the asphalt, it should last for years with only the occasional need for minor cracks. The rich blackness of the asphalt will fade over time, but that’s usually not of much consequence. The overall durability and strength of the surface is of much greater concern and you don’t really have to worry about it once it’s installed.
- Significant water run-off, snow, and even staining are no problem when dealing with an asphalt parking lot. Standard cleaning will remove stains and snow can be easily shoveled or plowed away without any issues. Should cracks develop years after an asphalt paving company installs it, a quick patch job should do the trick and extend the surface’s life considerably.
- You won’t be able to beat the price. Asphalt is cheap yet you’re not skimping on value. Despite the relatively low price, you’re getting a great deal because your asphalt parking lot will last for a long time and hold up to whatever tasks you demand of it. Just be sure to hire a reliable and skilled asphalt paving contractor to get the most bang for your buck.
Disadvantages of an Asphalt Parking Lot:
- You Must hire a company for the installation. There’s pretty much no way you could tackle this project on your own in a do-it-yourself capacity. It requires too much equipment, time, and labor to get the job done properly for one person to handle.
- It’s not the prettiest materiel. Sure, an asphalt parking lot looks great immediately following installation. It’s a rich and deep black color and any lines put on it stand out making a nice contrast. However, this coloring fades rather quickly. It’s also susceptible to cracking, which can be a real eyesore and will cost additional money to have repaired later down the line.
- Even though an asphalt parking lot can hold up to the elements like rain and snow, too much sun can pose a problem. It’s not going to completely destroy the surface or anything like that, but exposure to the sun on a very hot day could make the asphalt paving soft, which is difficult to drive on, making for a somewhat unpleasant experience for anyone looking to park in your lot.
- You don’t have many options in terms of how the asphalt paving will look. Besides determining the size and shape of the installation area for the parking lot, you’re pretty much left with just a black surface. Stamping will cost extra money and will also fade over time.
Looking for a Bergen County NJ Professional to Install Your Asphalt Parking Lot?
Ace Blacktop Paving is dedicated to building not only quality driveways, parking lots, paths and roadways but also to building great relationships. We serve the Bergen County NJ area as well as parts of PA, CT, & NY. Call us at 973-347-4664 for our recommendations, and take advantage of our FREE asphalt paving estimates for your driveway, parking lot or any other of your paving needs!